Catawba Regional now offers aerial imaging and videography through the use of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV), better known as a drone. Currently we can take images from heights of 400 feet above the surface, but imagery needed from higher heights can be applied for on an as needed basis. There are other distance requirements that apply but can be determined prior to the flight. Our state of the art drone provides sharp clarity through its 2.7K video and 12 megapixel imaging capability. Flight times vary, but typically video/imaging ability is limited to 15-25 minute flight times. Click here to see imagery and video from our region.
Catawba Regional’s UAV pilot is certified under the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Part 107 regulations. The UAV meets all FAA standards and has full liability insurance.
Uses and benefits of this technology are almost limitless, but here are some examples:
- Land-Use / Transportation Planning
- Structural Safety Inspections
- Realty/Commercial and Residential Real Estate Marketing
- Geographic Mapping (GIS)
- Disaster Management / Search and Rescue /Training Exercises
- Construction Sites / Engineering
- Agriculture Monitoring
- Brownfield and demolition site clean-up
- Events (Social, Sporting, Competitions, etc.)
- Photography for publications
- Utility Right of Way (ROW) Inspections
Catawba Regional offers project based contracting for our local governments in Chester, Lancaster, Union, and York counties. All other projects are priced starting at $95/hour, plus travel time.
Catawba Regional is able to provide data, picture and video editing and enhancement with the following:
Image enhancement, cropping, editing, logo insertion, placement in other marketing materials or media, etc.
For additional information about Catawba Regional’s Eye in the Sky Drone/UAV Services, please contact Rob Jackson at 803-327-9041.